Monday, July 2, 2012

128 Compound Scroll Saw Patterns Just OK

128 Compound Scroll Saw Patterns
128 Compound Scroll Saw Patterns Read more...


good experience The book arrived in great condition. The designs are as advertised andeasy to use.
Good but Not Great By A Customer I have been scroll sawing for about 10 years and always looking for new books and patterns. The patterns in this book are easier than I generally use. For a beginner scroll sawer this would be a good starting book. For advanced scrollers most of the patterns are too simple. There are all new patterns and designs that I have not seen before and I will use the patterns. I hope author does more patterns in this style.
Good Book but The book is Ok with real good pictures and patterns but I prefer the Compound Cutting book by Diane Thompson. These patterns are actually 2 items when they are cut out. Turn one side and you have one thing and turn to the other side and you have something else. The idea is good but the plain 'ole compound cutting looks much better in my opinion.
Just OK I think my expectations on what the finished products would actually look like were different than the reality. The instructions are clear and the patterns are fine but in my opinion you have to be looking straight on in each direction for the finished product to look good. If you look at the finished product at a 45 degree angle or from above it's just not very attractive again my opinion.Also I'm an amateur woodworker not an artist so painting the objects afterwards might be good for some of you but isn't for me. I think the pictures show objects that are much more attractive after they've been painted.
Read more...



Related Products

No comments:

Post a Comment